The Library Advisory Committee aims to enhance the overall effectiveness and relevance of the library by advising on policies, resources, and services, with a focus on meeting the evolving needs of the students and staff.
The objectives of the Library Advisory Committee include:
- Curriculum Support: Align library resources with the engineering curriculum, ensuring access to relevant materials for academic studies and research.
- Technology Integration: Advise on the incorporation of cutting-edge technologies in library services, such as digital databases, e-books, and online journals, to enhance research capabilities.
- Collaboration with Departments: Foster collaboration with engineering departments to understand specialized information needs and provide tailored resources accordingly.
- Facility Enhancement: Contribute to the improvement of library infrastructure, creating a conducive environment for study, research, and collaborative learning.
- Professional Development: Support initiatives for faculty and students in information literacy, research methodologies, and effective use of library resources.
- Industry Relevance: Ensure that library resources reflect the latest advancements in engineering disciplines, promoting a connection between academic studies and industry trends.
- User Experience: Focus on enhancing the overall user experience, making library services user-friendly and easily accessible for students, faculty, and researchers in the engineering college.
The vision of the Library Advisory Committee is to create a thriving and inclusive library ecosystem that serves as a knowledge hub, embraces technological advancements, and actively contributes to the intellectual and cultural enrichment of the students and staff of the institution.
The mission of the Library Advisory Committee is to guide and enhance the library's impact by collaboratively shaping policies, advocating for diverse and accessible resources, and fostering an environment that promotes lifelong learning and literacy.
Roles and responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of the Library Advisory Committee include:
- Policy Guidance: Provide input and guidance on the development and review of library policies, ensuring alignment with community needs.
- Resource Advocacy: Advocate for diverse and relevant collections, both physical and digital, that cater to the interests and educational needs of the community.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate in the development and review of strategic plans to ensure the library's long-term relevance and effectiveness.
- Community Engagement: Serve as a liaison between the library and the community, seeking input, addressing concerns, and promoting library services.
- Technology Integration: Advice on the integration of innovative technologies to enhance library services, accessibility, and user experience.
- Program Support: Support the creation and evaluation of educational and cultural programs that align with the library's mission and community interests.
- Advocacy and Outreach: Advocate for the library's importance and actively engage in outreach efforts to raise awareness within the community.
- Feedback Mechanism: Establish mechanisms for gathering feedback from library users and the community to inform decision-making.
- Budget Oversight: Collaborate on budgetary matters, ensuring resources are allocated effectively to support the library's mission and goals.
- Collaboration with Library Staff: Work collaboratively with library staff, respecting their expertise, and providing constructive feedback to enhance services.
- Continuous Learning: Stay informed about library trends, best practices, and evolving community needs to make informed recommendations.
By fulfilling these roles and responsibilities, the Library Advisory Committee contributes to the overall success and relevance of the library within the staff and student community it serves.
|Dr. B. Maruthu Kannan,
|Mr. V. Virumapandi,
|Mr. P. Manikandan,
|Mr. N. Karthic,
|Mrs. K. Rajalakshmi,
|Mr. R. Venkatesh Kumar,
|Ms. S. Priyadharshini,
|Mr. M. Prakash,
|Mrs. V. Tamilselvi,
|Dr. N. Kavitha,
|Prof. / Physics
|Ms. A. Logarani,
|Ms. M. Kowsalya,
|Ms. P. Keerthika,
|Ms. M. Aarthy,
|Mr. K Santhosh Kumar,
|Mr. S. Kailash,
Minutes of Meetings